All the squares are done! (Barring no decision changes on my part, that is. I have to decide if I am happy with the ‘different’ sizes since they are each supposed to be the same size…). Now, I will need to sew them together to make one piece instead of twelve. I still have a ways to go until I am done, but so far I really like how it is coming together. Also, I am having a lot of fun making it!
Here’s a close up of the “hay field” done in a cable stitch. Later I will attach some hay bales to these squares.
And here’s a close up of what I will call the “mud pit” (for the pigs). I am frustrated that I wasn’t able to get either of these two squares square. I thought it was my knitting, but now I think it may be the yarn (of course, I didn’t use the same yarn that the author suggested…). I ended up turning these squares on their sides and they seem to fit much better with the others.
I couldn’t leave out a complete picture including the farm animals! I haven’t made any more yet, but the pigs and sheep feel right at home.I can’t wait to start putting it together!

Advertisements